Looking for a second to work with @Thibaud Piroux (22018-2020) and hopefully become the chef incubated 2020-2022
SUSTAINABLE GASTRONOMY INCUBATOR PROJECT
That Les Orangeries becomes a residence for young talented cooks who will share its pioneering approach towards sustainability and a gastronomy with a strong vegetable influence and become recognised as a real place of learning.
Les Orangeries is more bistro than Michelin star, but built on a commitment to showcase the very best local produce. We want to stay affordable for the locals but also to really demonstrate genuine creativity and passion on the plate through our vegetal carte blanche menu. The point is to make simple things, and especially vegetal products, taste great.
The role/opportunity of the incubated Chef
We provide a fantastic opportunity for a talented, passionate, ambitious and crucially ethically minded chef:
To manage the skilled kitchen team at Les Orangeries for a period of 24 months. With support from a very experienced French chef and experts coaching the project
- A very close working relationship with our amazing terroir and producers with an opportunity to improve their sourcing and cheffing expertise and build on the exceptional network of local producers supplying the restaurant from within 40km:
*Free range beef (limousine and Foire de Herolles), as well as high quality lamb and poultry, and there is the chance to learn about meat buying and carving
*Bake bread using traditional organic grains
*Access the finest cheeses and organic wines
- Participate in the development of vegetable garden (vegetables, flowers, herbs) with special attention to old varieties, biodiversity and permaculture design and principles
- Oversee forward-thinking staff management in line with the expectations of the new generation (planning, staff meals, working hours, missions (I’m not 100% sure what you mean by this?..)
- Build on the success of our ‘eco calculateur’ to develop expertise on low carbon gastronomy. This would include experimenting further with our ‘hedonistic’ menu which features less meat than our traditional menu
- Continue with our drive to zero waste, employing a number of techniques like bulking purchase, fermentation and innovative menu planning – plus coming up with new ideas
- Be involved in the figures and economic indicators : food cost, staff cost…
Accommodation could be provided on site
The wages would be, depending on the experience and conditions, between 2000 and 3000 euros net income.
Zoom on the futur incubated chef (fe) profile
A young, skilled chef with an ambition to start their own business in the near future, keen to demonstrate that they can run their own kitchen. Someone with strong gastronomic skills but also a shared ethos and willingness to learn and build on Les Orangeries’ nose to tail as well as vegetarian philosophy.
He or she will start as Sous-Chef during previous chef incubation 2018-2020 and will become chef during the period 2020-2022.
A French speaker would be preferred but fluent French is not essential
Interested candidates should contact Olivia Gautier either on:
+ 33 (0)6 74 63 97 23 or email@example.com